Thursday, October 21, 2010

BON day

Thank you Lora for nominating me for this awesome award, and thank you WOW and my trusty blog readers for coming to visit me on this special day!




I've been stumped over what to post on my BON day as so much has transpired in my life over the past few months, and I've recently decided to not blog about a big majority of my personal life here.


I've decided this blog will be for recipes, scripture/devotionals/quotes that touch me, and the fun, weekly blog activities I participate in.


So, that's exactly what this post is going to be about.  My Friday's Favorite Five.  


Susan, over at Living to Tell the Story, hosts this fun activity.  What I like so much about it is that no matter how bad my week is going, this, essentially, forces me to look back at my week and focus on what was great about it.  Trust me when I say, I've had a few 'bad' weeks lately, but they are ALWAYS, and I mean A-L-W-A-Y-S infused with many wonderful blessings.


Without further ado...here's FIVE of my blessings from this week.

1.  Great neighbors. I read a quote earlier that said, "A good neighbor doubles the value of a house."  While I think that is a great quote, I would change that to a good neighbor doubles the value of your life.  Our neighbors have been AMAZING during the past couple months of my life.  From mowing our yard, to sending cards, to making food, and bringing goody bags...they have made many hard days that much easier for us.

2.  Great doctors.  A lot of my being at peace so much about this journey in my life is that I have such great doctors.  Doctors who take the time to answer ALL my questions, no matter how small they may seem.  I know so many people get frustrated in their medical care just because they are not kept 'in the know', or they feel like they have unanswered questions, or their doctor's just simply don't have bedside manner.  I've definitely lucked out in that department, in that all the ones dealing with my care, have been some of the most caring, compassionate people I have ever met in my life.  They get how 'tough' it is to be going through something this significant at such a young age.

3.  Music/quotes/scripture.  I can't even put into words how many times I've been having a moment, and I read or listened to something that just spoke to me, and somehow took away the anxiety of the situation.  That somehow made everything seem like it was going to be okay.

4.  My husband.  I know I always seem to include him in these Friday Fave's but I can not praise him enough.  I don't know if him going through this with his mom has made him more capable of handling what's going on or what, but he's been and continues to be amazing during this whole process.  He just gets it!  He gets that the 'Happy Birthday' songs that are playing on the TV this month often diminish me to tears.  He got my excitement when I was able to walk around our neighborhood without getting fatigued.  He gets that the past 14 months have left my body scarred and not my own and because of that I feel insecure sometimes, and he makes a point to tell me how beautiful he thinks I am all the time.  He holds me when all I want to do is cry. He has spent countless taking on extra household chores so I wouldn't feel compelled to get up and do them.  He loves me unconditionally, and that in itself is a blessing! 

5. Cooking.  Oh, how I've missed cooking while I've been recovering. I could spend all day in my kitchen if time allowed for it. My sister came up to stay with us this week while her husband was out, over the road.  We've made a few goodies, and I've got some picture recipe posts coming up very soon!  So, stay tuned for those.

What are you all thankful for this week?  If you want to join in, click on over to Susan's site and link up with Mr. Linky.  Don't forget to leave a comment.  You'll be sure to meet some amazing bloggers, and you'll walk away feeling inspired by all the blessings!


Also, don't forget to check out a few more of my favorites:


A wedding of our own


8 comments:

  1. hey, it's your BON day! congratulations...it is so.incredibly.deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful for my daughter. Ilove you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my daughter and cooking as well. I LOVE to cook and spend all of my time in the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quote about good neighbors doubling the value of a house. That is so true. Even if I wanted to leave my house (which I don't!), I would never want to leave my wonderful neighbors. So glad you've had good doctors and good support in general. Especially your husband. He sounds fantastic! May God continue to bless your family with all the things you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great things to be thankful for...in fact, I share your thankfulness. I love doctors who answer your questions, too -- along with sweet husbands, scripture/music...all great blessings.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stopping from WOW to say HI on your BON day - I loved your mozzarella bites recipe and your grateful notes (so far, because I will read more). Thanks for your sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your BON day. I like your Friday meme. My sister in law is battling breast cancer too, my heart goes out to you and your husband. Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing to have a husband who is able to minister to you like that. And bless your neighbors for being there for you, too!

    ReplyDelete