Sunday, October 03, 2010

I DROVE!!!

Dr F said sometime around two weeks is when most people feel up to driving a few miles.

Yesterday was Day 9 post-op, and I was hungry and needed to take my antibiotics (which have to be taken with food!) and since it's been almost two weeks since I've been to the grocery store, we're out of most everything that can just be thrown together without much effort.

I tried waking my zombie husband up three times with no avail, so I decided it was time I attempted to drive a mile up the road to run through the drive-thru.

Honestly, the hardest part was fastening my seatbelt, and reaching up to push the garage door opener.

But...I did it!!!

BABY STEPS!

It's funny the things that excite you...things that are normal, everyday, mundane things, but you take for granted being able to do them.

It's like getting a small piece of your independence back!

2 comments: