Monday, October 11, 2010

Slacking

I'm seriously slacking in the blog department.


One good thing about not being able to do much of anything is...I've taken a lot more pictures of my kids playing than I normally do.  And that means, I need to do some major picture posting SOON!  


I started this blog as a way to keep up with our happenings and it's evolved into more of my outlet in this journey I'm on, which is okay, but I want to start focusing more on what's going on with my kids so that one day they can look at this and read through all their great childhood memories.


Yesterday, we had Breanna's birthday party.  I know I keep saying this...but I still just can't believe she is three already.  It just blows my mind!  Where has the time gone?


She got all kinds of Toy Story toys and Zhu Zhu pets.  She's been in heaven every since. lol


Last night I turned 'The Lady and the Tramp' on for her.  A few minutes later she peeked her head around the corner and I asked her what she was doing.  She said, "Where's my friends, Mom?"  Initially I thought she was talking about the older kids because she calls them her 'friends' too, not her brother and sisters.  But she quickly said "Oh, there they are!" when she spotted Woody laying on the floor.  She handed me Buzz and Mrs Potato Head, and she grabbed Woody and Jessie and ran back to the bedroom.  She climbed in bed (she was laying with a body pillow) and put each one of them laying against the pillow.  Then she laid down, then sat back up and pulled her blanket to where each one of them was covered up to their face.  Then she looks at me and says in a very quiet voice, "They were cold, Mommy."  I just thought that was really cute and sweet of her.  One because he thinks her toys are her friends, and I suppose they are, and two because even at three she thinks about her friends 'needs'...even if they are imaginary. lol


In other news, Kinsey got her retainer today.  Yesterday she was telling everybody, "Tomorrow is an IMPORTANT day!"  When they would ask why, she would promptly tell them she was getting her retainer.  I think the glow-in-the-dark blue with pixie dust had her a little overly excited.  Plus, she knows it's getting close to time to cash in her tokens (tokens are giving for good teeth brushing, wearing rubber bands, wearing your Dr. K and Dr. Y logo shirt, etc) to get a prize from the prize cabinet.  Let me tell ya, there are some pretty cool prizes in the prize cabinet!!!


On the itinerary for this week, I have appointments on Wednesday and Thursday. I've not been feeling real great...partly because my sinus's have been going crazy and partly I think because I've been on antibiotics for almost four weeks now and my body just needs to be cleansed and be free of medicine for awhile (with the exception of my insulin).  I'm feeling some anxiety about my second drain tubes being pulled on Thursday because they still have way more cc's of drainage than I've read is an okay level to pull them.  I discussed this concern with Dr F last Thursday and told him I'd rather leave them in longer than end up with fluid in my chest that needs to be drained.  He assured me they would be fine and with the substantial fill they are planning on putting in this week, it would reduce the space for fluid to fill up and that at this point my body 'should' be able to absorb it.  I really love Dr F, but I just feel really uneasy about this decision so I'm going to talk to Mark about it when I go in for my appointment with him on Wednesday.  


Yes, I did just call my doctor by his first name.  I actually call all three of the doctor's taking care of me right now by their first names.  Everyone deserves a doctor like Mark.  I can't say enough good things about this guy.  He went to high school with my parents, and most of my family goes to him.  He's super thorough and when Breanna or any of my kids for that matter have test run, he goes over all their specific levels....he doesn't just tell me this is high or this is low.  He says this (insert medical term for whatever is out of whack) is high or low, whichever it may be, this is where it's at...this (insert amount) is the range it should be in, and this is likely the cause of it.  With Breanna, and her extensive medical issues, he has broke out medical books and showed me 'in the books' where it says whatever I've asked him about.  He takes the time to keep his patients 'in the know' with their medical state, and I think that is just awesome.  Not to mention, my kids think he hung the moon, and always give him hugs every.single.time we see him.  So, anyways, my point to all of this is...not that I don't think Dr F (or Ryan) knows it will be okay for my drains to come out with such a high volume of fluid still discharging, I will just feel more at ease if Mark also tells me it's okay. 


And lastly, my sister told me yesterday that in a couple weeks she is going to come stay with me for a few days.  She went to culinary art school, and was a dietary manager until she lost her sight a few months ago.  She's easing back into cooking, so hopefully, by time she comes to stay I will be feeling much improved and we'll be able to spend lots of time making yummy recipes for me to post.



No comments:

Post a Comment