Friday, October 22, 2010

Mozzarella Bites

I promised a recipe blog since Dawnetta is up staying with me this week.  We all know I love to cook, but she is the chef of the family. It's what she went to school for, and she was the Dietary Manager for an area nursing home until just a couple months ago.


Big A is a cheese lover, so I always try to make a couple meals a week when he's here that are 'cheesy'. So, yesterday we decided to make homemade mozzarella bites.


Cut the mozzarella into squares.



Put bread crumbs into a dipping container.  We used Italian for extra flavor.

Add grate Parmesan to the bread crumbs.

A teaspoon of salt

And mix.

Put 4 eggs in another dipping container

And beat.

Now dip your mozzarella into the egg mix and then the dry mix.  Remember one hand is for the wet mix and one is for the dry.

Place on a foil lined baking sheet and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.

Heat a skillet of vegetable oil.

Fry your bites for 2-3 minutes...until golden brown.

Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.



Enjoy!!!  

4 comments:

  1. We have made mozzi sticks before...only we didn't freeze them. We dipped them and went immediately to the deep fry...they turned out great! I love mozzarella sticks. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Hubby would LOVE these! He is a cheese fanatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh my goodness. These look FANTASTIC!! You're making me regret my decision to cut out wheat and sugar for two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete