Thursday, September 09, 2010

I'm NOT a Supermom!!!


Nothing, and I mean NOTHING drives me more nuts than when my husband calls me 'Supermom'.  He's half joking (because he knows it drives me nuts) and half serious (for some reason there is nothing that he thinks I can't handle).    

YES...all of the above criteria on the poster may apply to me, but I'm not 'Super'...I'm just an ordinary mom who has been blessed with the ability to stay home with my babies, and I take pride in my home, and the food my children put in their mouths.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  

-75%  of the time, I am running late, unless it involves picking the kids up for school.  
-My vehicle is ALWAYS a mess!
-I have many days where I don't change out of my pajamas until it is time to go get Ava, and then the only reason I do it is because I would not be caught dead letting social acquaintances see me in my pajamas. lol

You see, I have flaws just like every other mom, and the truth is if I had to hold down a full-time job outside of my home, I wouldn't accomplish half of what I do at home.  But because I have such a hard working husband, I get to enjoy my days doing things I love...like baking!!!

Yesterday, I told you all I was going to start making as many meals ahead of time that I could, and that's exactly what I have been doing today.

First I made veggie pizza, because Ava loves it, and I knew she'd be excited if she got to eat a piece for lunch today.




I use the Pillsbury pizza crust.  This is only half of it.




Spread it out on a greased baking sheet.  I like to get it as thin as possible.

Pop it in the oven and bake according to the directions on the package.




While the crust is baking mix equal parts cream cheese and mayo.  Stir really well.




Add in ONE ranch package.




Then add in some diced tomatoes.




By now, your crust should be done.  Remove it from the pan and allow to cool a little bit.




Best investment EVER.  I use this to shred and/or chop EVERYTHING!!!




For my toppings I use a vegetable medley of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.




SEE...told you it was a GREAT investment.  It not only chops but mixes up the veggies so that you get the perfect amount of each one when you sprinkle it on your pizza.




Slather a thick coat of your sauce on...




Add your toppings.




Add cover with shredded cheese.

My family requests this for every.single get together we have.  It's DELICIOUS!!!

After lunch Ava wanted to make some rice crispies treats, so that is what we did.












Then I took a break, checked the mail, cried when I opened a card my friend, Jessica Abell, sent me that contained a cloth that was annointed with oil and prayed over for me.  Gosh, I'm crying again just writing about it.  Every time I start to feel even a little uneasy about things, He shows me that it is going to be O.K.

Then I talked to my good friend, Amanda, on the phone for about an hour.  

Then back to cooking it was again!

I got the chuck roast in the crock pot for the beef drip and stroganoff recipes I will be making this week.




I made up a bowl of Chris's favorite dessert....banana pudding




And I got the casseroles in the oven for supper tonight.




Mix even parts cream of chicken soup and sour cream




Dice up cooked chicken and add it to the mixture.




Next add one bag of Long Grain and Wild Rice, and stir well.




Divide in two portions and put in 8x8 baking dishes.




Crush 3 packages of Ritz cracker and coat with melted butter




Top the chicken mixture with the crackers and sprinkle on some poppy seed.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until crackers start to slightly brown.




As of ten minutes ago, I was done cooking for the day and this is what my kitchen looks like...




In case you can't see how many dishes I dirty in the process of making these meals I took a close up of the sink.




YIKES!!  

See, now if I was a supermom, I'd already have this messed cleaned up, but instead I'm sitting here blogging and helping the kids with their homework.

Did I mention I haven't combed my hair today either?!!!

I'd take a picture to prove it but I'm just way to vain to post a picture of my uncombed hair for the world to see. haha

1 comment:

  1. Honey, if my kitchen were as clean as yours in these pictures HALF the time, I'm be thrilled!
    Warning: I'm going to drive you nuts!
    I think, you ARE a supermom! Not only a supermom, a super PERSON!

    ReplyDelete