Hi everyone! It's finally Friday, and that in itself is a HUGE reason to be thankful, but Friday is also a day we can look back at the week and re-cap a few things we are thankful for or have been a blessing to us this week. If you need details on how this works, click here.
1. Snuggles. We've never been co-sleeping parents. I've always felt very strongly about keeping our bedroom off limits to the kids, unless they were sick of course. I still do. But lately Breanna has been hanging out with us in there until she falls asleep and then we move her to her bedroom. She's always been a very non-cuddly baby, and I've had a hard time with that because I knew she was our last baby and because she was so sick in the beginning that once she came home, I just wanted to hold her all the time. When she's watching TV with us, she lays in the middle of our king size bed...making sure no one is touching her. But right before she drifts off to sleep, she rolls towards me, and wraps her arms around my arm, as if she is hugging it, and she goes to sleep. There is nothing more precious than that.
2. Love. Chris and I have had our fair share of up's and down's. But I love that it NEVER gets old. At times we can feel distant, and then out of the blue he will walk up behind me and touch the small of my back, or say the most incredible thing, and the butterflies start all over again. I realize I'm falling in love with him all over again. I have to do a mental check and remind myself that this is real, and I'm just that lucky to have found the one who makes my soul sing.
3. My big kids I don't usually like to brag too much. I don't want to be one of those parents, but I'm just so darn proud of them. Ava is working on sight words already, she's learned how to tie her shoes, her writing is already starting to improve, and she's just started violin lessons. Kinsey in her determination to achieve perfect attendance went to school the day after having oral surgery, and even while on pain meds for her mouth, got 100%'s on all of her test. She's setting the bar for the school year early on. And Big A is in the big elementary this year. It's crazy to think about him being that big already. Where has the time went? He's such a great kid. He's so happy when he's at our house, always laughing and joking with his sisters, dad, and I. And he tells the best stories....he's so creative.
4. Fruit fluff. Yesterday, my neighbor brought me over some fruit fluff, which I had never had before. It is AWESOME!!! I sent her an email to get the recipe, and I was even more excited when she told me how simple it was to make. Here's the recipe she sent me: 1 large container (2 lb.) of vanilla yogurt (not plain yogurt), 1 (16 oz.) container of cool whip, 1 small box instant french vanilla pudding
Just stir the above ingredients together and then add whatever fruit you like. I added 1 container fresh strawberries (sliced), 1 container blueberries, and 1 regular-sized can of mandarin oranges (drained). I mean seriously, how easy it that?!
5. Friends in Christ Yesterday, some friends and I started this blog. It's a community of sorts. A place to come together to lift each other up, to pray for one another, and to give thanks for the blessings in our lives. To truly focus on living our lives with the attitude that our cups are half full. I hope you'll join in on following us over there as we do monthly challenges and give thanks 365 days a year.
Have a blessed weekend!!!