Sunday, September 19, 2010

He IS in Control

At church we are doing a series called  FEAR NOT

As does most often the case, the sermon hit home.

It was titled Power Over the Physical.

Darrell read Luke 8:40-56.  If you are unfamiliar with the story, it's about a woman who had been bleeding for TWELVE years.  She touched Jesus' robe and was instantly healed.  Then Jairus's child passed and Jesus brought her back from the dead.

Psalm 34:18 says The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and he saves those who are crushed in spirit.

With surgery getting near, I've been feeling particularly stressed.  I hate feeling like I am burdening people, and knowing that over the next several months I am going to need help isn't sitting well with me.

I needed to be reminded today that this is out of my control and that I just need to put all my trust in Him.  I may not understand this, but He does!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  


Proverbs 3:5-6

Faith is not in the belief that He will do what we think is right immediately, but that He will do what is right ULTIMATELY!

Mom and I went up front and Darrell and the congregation prayed for my surgery this week.  It's amazing how strongly you feel His presence when that many people pull together and pray.

1 comment: