Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vermicelli with browned butter sauce

I recently went to the 'Old Spaghetti Factory' in Louisville with my sisters, and had Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter pasta.  It was simple, yet absolutely DELICIOUS!!!

I was running low on groceries yesterday, and thought surely it would be an easy pasta dish to make, and since my kids LOVE most anything covered in butter and/or cheese I figured it would have to be a hit with them.


I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't take step by step pictures like usual, but even if I would have this recipe is so simplistic there would only be like three pictures!

Ingredients and instructions are compliments of Everyday with Rachael Ray.




  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
For a sweeter, mellower sauce, cook chopped onions until softened in a combination of extra-virgin olive oil and butter for your base.
For a more pungent sauce, cook finely chopped garlic in extra-virgin olive oil until just golden.
Chop all ingredients into even, bite-size pieces or smaller.
For egg pasta dishes, reduce the sauce less, as egg pastas will absorb some of the liquid.

DIRECTIONS:




  1. In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat. Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage and cook, stirring often, until the butter begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons heavy cream and remove from the heat. Add 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese when tossing with pasta.

    YES!


    It really is that easy!


    Big A said, "This times ten beats all the other kinds of spaghetti you make."


    Kinsey ate two HUGE servings!  And daddy, well, he took all the leftovers for lunch today, so I guess it was a HIT!!!



    I will be making this again.



    I served it with some white corn, and peaches I got from the fresh produce stand in our town.  Of course, I diced them, because that's how the kids like them.  :)




    The best part was that the entire meal took me less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment