Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cinnamon Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread

I've made this recipe before.


But never with blueberries, and never with the yummy goodness known as Cream Cheese.


Basically, I've made Cinnamon Swirl Bread before.


Not to knock the amazing-ness of Cinnamon Swirl Bread, but I just always thought adding blueberries would be the icing on the cake.


So, yesterday, I a gave my 'altered' recipe a try.


And THIS is the end result.




HELLO...this is melt-in-your-mouth kind of bread right here.


Now, let me give you some insight into how it was born.



Throw some softened butter in your mixer, add in some milk and give it a good whisk.



Transfer it to a sauce pan, and heat over med-low heat until good and warm.  DO NOT BOIL!!!!

Remove from heat and let it cool to just warmer than lukewarm temperature.



Add in some dry yeast and give it a gentle whisk.  

REMEMBER:  I said gentle!

Let sit for 10 minutes.



While you are waiting, mix together a couple eggs and some sugar.



Using the paddle attachment, mix the butter, milk, and yeast mixture in with `butter and sugar.



Now add in some flour ... just a little at a time.

Once flour is completely incorporated, change your attachment to the 'hook' attachment, and knead dough for 10 minutes.



Place in bowl and coat with canola oil.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Canola Oil smells funny?  

I know, I'm weird about certain scents.

Cover, and sit in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.



Dump dough out onto a floured surface, and roll.  No wider than your bread pan.





Spread on some yummy blueberry cream cheese.  I'm partial to the Azura's.



Put some fresh blueberries on top.



Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mix.



Start at the furthest side away from you, and roll, keeping tight.

Pinch the seams.



Smear bread pan VERY GENEROUSLY with butter.



Place bread seam down.  Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in warm place for 2 hours.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.


Pop out of bread pan, let cool, and cut




Cinnamon Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread in all it's yummy deliciousness!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment