Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sore

First and foremost, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers. The outpour of love we have received over the past couple days has been amazing.  We are so, so blessed. We serve an all mighty God; he's the Great Healer.  I know He and He alone has the power to get us through this difficult season in our life.  


We just got home about an hour ago from my procedure, and overall I'm actually feeling pretty well, just a little sore.  They removed 10 sections/chunks (I know that sounds rather gross!) to be biopsied. I had minimal discomfort during the procedure, and minimal bleeding afterwards.  They did have to pressure wrap the area where they made the incision, but that will come off tomorrow when we go back for my follow-up appointment.  And they gave me a nifty little ice pack that can be inserted right into my sports bra to help with discomfort.  I'm thankful for that, because it is coming in really handy right now.


We go back tomorrow at 1 pm for my check-up and to speak with oncology regarding my pathology report.  We know surgery is inevitable, but I know whatever the severity of it, He is not giving me more than He knows I can handle.


And lastly, before I lay down to rest, I want to say to my husband, "I Love You more than anything too!  Without your love and support throughout this ordeal I would be beside myself.  You are an amazing husband and father, and I am so proud to be your wife.  We are going to beat this and grow old together, just the way we've always said we would."


It is well with my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment