Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

This recipe takes a little bit more work than my 'NORMAL' crock pot recipes I post....BUT...trust me when I say, 'It is SO worth it!'

I've got enough in our crock pot to feed two families as I plan to take my neighbors supper tomorrow evening.

Ingredients:


  • 3 lbs chicken breast
  • Italian dressing
  • Green Pepper
  • Red Pepper
  • Celery
  • Onion
  • Minced Garlic
  • Sliced Mushrooms
  • Diced Tomatoes
  • Spaghetti Sauce


Heat Italian Dressing on med-high heat.


Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. Until it's a nice golden brown. (It will NOT be thoroughly cooked though)




Most recipes are made better with the addition of these two things.



Chop peppers.


Chop celery.


And lastly, for the chopping part, chop the onions.

Take a break to wipe the tears from your eyes.  Do whatever household chores you can do quickly...in my case that may or may not have involved taking my dog out to potty...AND...getting a Cherry Coke.

Make sure to WASH your hands again!  :)

Continue frying all the chicken.


Add chicken and all diced ingredients plus 2 Tbsp minced garlic.


Add mushrooms.



Add diced tomatoes and give everything a good stir.




Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce and stir well again.

Cook on low for many, many hours.

I actually like to put mine on the evening before we plan on eating it, cooking it on low for at least 10 hours, and then letting my crock pot sit on the 'keep warm' setting for awhile so all the sauce really absorbs into the chicken.

If you don't have time to do this, it can be cooked on low for 6 hours or high for 4, and it will be fine.

Serve with your choice of spaghetti noodles and garlic sticks/bread.

This portion size cost approximately $15 to make...depending on brand of products you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment