Thursday, December 16, 2010

Parmesan and Herb Crusted Chicken with Peppered Chive Cream Sauce

It's my first 'real' day back in the kitchen since my surgery.  I've made the standard easy crock pot meals and soups, but I haven't done any REAL....and as in real, I mean, looking in my fridge/cabinets and coming up with something we've never had before....cooking.

It feels good to be back to making tasty recipes for my family.

Few things make me more happy than watching my kids eat in 2.5 seconds flat and asking for seconds before I even get a chance to sit down.  (Actually, that's usually where Chris jumps in and gets seconds so I can eat, because I've already taken my insulin and it's necessary for me to sit down and eat.)

I can not even being to describe how heavenly my kitchen smelled while cooking today....it STILL does!

So without further ado....


What you'll need:  Italian Bread Crumbs, Grated Parmesan, Shredded Parmesan, Pepperocini's, Heavy Whipping Cream, Chive Cream Cheese, Minced Garlic, Butter, and Chicken Breast


Mix together equal parts of grated parmesan and bread crumbs


Melt butter


Tenderize chicken breasts


Coat with bread crumb/parmesan  mix


Fry over medium heat.  Approximately 10 minutes per side


And NOW.....for the YUMMY sauce!


Diced up pepperocini's.


Look at all those yummy browned bits


Add chicken broth and bring to a boil


Add in heavy whipping cream, minced garlic, and pepperocini's.  Bring to a boil for about 1 minute


Reduce heat and add in cream cheese.  let simmer for a few minutes


Add in shredded parmesan and pepper


The only thing missing from this plate is some roasted asparagus spears....because I don't have any.  

BUMMER!

*insert the big YUM you hear the chef say at the end of all cooking shows when they are sampling the food*

ps)Kate and Elsa, you both will appreciate the yummmmmy-NESS of this sauce!

Directions:

mix 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs, and 1 cup parmesan cheese.  coat chicken breast and fry over medium heat.

Add 2 cups chicken broth, and bring to a boil (scrapping browned bits off bottom of pan).  Add in 1 1/2 containers heavy whipping cream (school milk sized), 1 tsp garlic, and 1 Tbsp pepperocini's (chopped).  let boil 1 minute.  reduce heat and add 3 Tbsp chive cream cheese.  mix well.  add in 1 tsp pepper and 1/2 cup parmesan.

Pour over chicken and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment