Wednesday, December 08, 2010

An easy sandwich and cheese fries


Fry up some ground beef.


Add some canned manwich mix, or make your own, if you prefer to do things like that.

I was a tad busy tonight, so I opted for the canned version.

The homemade is really good though.




Let it simmer on low for awhile to get the flavor nice and soaked into the meat. 



Put the meat on the bottom part of the bun, and cheese on the top and bake at 350 until the cheese is melted. 

Or you can broil it if you prefer your bun be toasty.



Fry up come fries.

I prefer seasoned for cheese fries, but use whatever kind makes your heart sing.



Check out my new spider strainer my LOVING husband bought me.

It was supposed to be a Christmas gift from the kids but he let me bust it out tonight since I was making cheese fries! hehe

I line my pan with foil, but I also put down a paper towel to absorb the excess grease, and then I just remove it before putting the fries in the oven.



Cover with your choice of shredded cheese and bacon, and put in the oven at 350 until cheese is melted.


And that, my friends, is an easy, throw together meal for those busy evenings.

If you do prefer homemade manwich sauce, here's the recipe:

1 1/4 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup steak sauce
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
salt to taste

brown meat / onions. add rest of ingredients and cook for about 13-16 min to reduce (stir as needed) 

No comments:

Post a Comment