Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



I've had a few friends who've asked me about feeding a family of six on a budget and how I incorporate meal planning in to that.

Before I go to the grocery, I write out a menu for the week.  I break the menu down into the components that each meal requires, and then I go to my cupboards to see what I have and mark off the items that I don't need to purchase.  I do try to make meals that will use similar ingredients as well.  This allows me to buy in bulk, which in turn, saves a few bucks.

I found the above blog hop on Laura's blog, and I love seeing what everyone else's menu's are for the week.  Especially the week's following Holidays where you know there are going to be TONS of left-overs to try and incorporate.

This week (with only 1 kid at home) our menu will definitely be scaled back and a little more simplistic. 

Without further ado here's our menu for the week:

Monday: Chicken Enchiladas (I've never posted this recipe.  My neighbor brought them over one day and they are so delicious and SO easy to make!)

Tuesday:  Poppy Seed Chicken

Wednesday: Baked Spaghetti

Thursday: BLT's

Friday: Breakfast for supper....Hash Brown Crusted Frittata's and Biscuits and Gravy

Saturday: Date night w/our littlest blessing.  Not sure what restuarant we will be visiting.

Sunday: Roast, Potatoes, and Carrots

What's on your all's menu's this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment