Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spring Mills State Park

We were supposed to go to Spring Mills State Park on Saturday, but Chris got a call to play in a softball tourney, so we decided to go after church on Sunday.  I love summer and being able to do so many family activities outside.

I hadn't been here since I was a teenager, and it's even more beautiful than I remember.  There are a lot of hiking trails, a restored pioneer village, The Grissom Memorial (little fact: Hoosier astronaut Virgil "Gus" Grissom was one of the seven Mercury astronauts and America's second man in space.)



Wildlife preserve




Breanna LOVED this music player.  We had to pry her away from it to go to the Pioneer Village.




I love the restored Pioneer Village.  It's humbling to see how people lived back in the 1800's.




The water wheel that powers the log cutting saw.






Big A and Breanna liked the old checkers board.



Mommy and Breanna hiking.





No comments:

Post a Comment