I've been drooling over all the scrumptious looking recipes over at the Pioneer Woman's site today. How does one person have SO many fabulous recipes?
Big A decided to tell me today while grocery shopping that we should have more desserts after supper. So, when we got home we searched the dessert tab under 'Cooking' on Ree's lovely site, and decided tonight we would start with Blueberry Crumb Cake.
For this recipe, you will need: fresh blueberries...of course, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, all purpose flour, and butter
Fresh blueberries are the bomb!!!
Cream butter and sugar
Add in an egg
Now for some vanilla
Keep on mixing
Add flour and milk alternately until completely incorporated.
DO NOT OVERBEAT!!!
Stir in the blueberries
It almost reminds me of chocolate chip cookie dough :)
Spread in a greased baking dish
And now, onto the topping......
Combine butter, cinnamon, sugar and flour
Cut together using a pastry cutter
I could eat this right out of the bowl..it is THAT good.
Top blueberry mix, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon
Bake for 40-45 minutes, and VIOLA!!!
Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 c. blueberries
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream 1/2 stick butter with sugar. Add egg and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix
- Add flour and milk alternately until completely incorporated.
- DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- Stir in blueberries.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan, and pour in batter.
- Combine topping ingredients and cut together using pastry cutter. Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Total prep time: 15 minutes
Total cook time: 45 minutes