Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fried Pickle Chips

Two of my younger sisters are coming to stay at my house tonight. Every time we all get together, we cook.  We decided tonight would be an assortment of our favorite finger foods.  Chicken wantons, veggie pizza, and fried pickle chips.


Fried pickle chips seem to be a hit with anyone who likes pickles and they are so quick and easy to make.


Ingredients:






  • 6 whole Small To Medium, Kosher Dill Pickles



  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour



  • ½ cups Whole Milk



  • 2 whole Beaten Eggs



  • ⅔ cups Corn Meal (or Fine Dry Breadcrumbs) I use Italian breadcrumbs just because I like the taste the seasoning adds.



  • ½ cups Canola Oil (or Peanut Oil)






  • I lay all the pickles out on a napkin to drain the extra juice.


    While the oil is heating, I put the milk, flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into small dishes.


    Then time to coat the pickles...

    Dip in milk, then flour, then egg, and finally the breadcrumbs.












    And finally, into the grease.  



    Be careful not to burn yourself!

    Cook 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the crust is a nice golden brown.




    Enjoy!

    1 comment:

    1. I have never heard of such a thing...but it sounds so good :)

      ReplyDelete