Monday, September 19, 2011

S'mores Bars

Last week, grandma asked me to make a dessert for the Beautification committee she is on, to sell.  I thought about the usual, Cake Pops, that everyone seems to love so much.  But in getting ready for the Corn Hole tourney fundraiser, I simply did not have time to make them.

So, I started searching around online for easy-to-make, FALL recipes.  I knew I wanted it to be a dessert people thought about eating when it's a little cooler outside.  After all, the festival was just that...OUTSIDE.

I toyed with some apple pie choices, but thought so many people would probably be baking apple pies, and I wanted something a little different.

That's when I stumbled upon this recipe and thought it would be perfect...

S'mores Bars!



They are super easy to make!


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened


3/4 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars

1 (7 oz) container marshmallow creme



Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan or line the pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray (makes cutting easier).



Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into prepared pan.



Arrange chocolate bars over dough, breaking as needed to fit. Spread with marshmallow creme. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow; carefully press to form a layer.



Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. 16 bars.

Mom, Chris, and I taste tested these and for two days afterwards, Chris commented several times that he wanted me to make some more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment