Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Meal Planning Tuesday

Meal Planning Tuesdays

Edited with pricing.

I've had several friends ask me about meal planning for such a large family.
I've posted my grocery list on here before, but I thought it'd be fun to start a weekly meal planning/grocery list meme.

I asked Vanessa to make me a button for you all to grab, if you want to participate.
Because she made my header and I absolutely LOVE it!!!
So, I'm sure the blog button will be equally as lovely.

Tuesday or Wednesday are usually my grocery shopping days.
If I go Tuesday, I go at night after the kids are in bed, because between homework and stringed instrument lessons, and a few other things the day is a little busy.
If I go Wednesday, it's generally after I pick up Ava from morning Kindergarten.

On menu for the week is as follows:

Tuesday:
B- cereal
L-fast food after I pick up Ava so we can be at her violin lessons in 45 minutes.
S- Chicken Alfredo (switching this to Sunday @ request of kids)

Wednesday:
B- cereal and/or oatmeal
L- Sandwiches
S- Beef Drip and Fried Potatoes

Thursday:
B- Toast/Bacon
L- Mozzarella Sticks and Spinach Bites
S- Italian Breaded Chicken w/yummy cream sauce, Asparagus, Roasted Potatoes, and Corn

Friday:
B-Cereal
L-Pizza
S-Baked Spaghetti

Saturday:
B-Pancakes, Bacon, Hash browns
L-left-over spaghetti
S-Chicken Enchiladas

Sunday:
B-Toast/Bacon
L-Family lunch date
S-Chicken Wontons, Buffalo Chicken Bites, and Mini Cheeseburgers

Monday:
B-toaster strudel's
L-Chicken Viola
S-Meatloaf, Fried Potatoes, and Mac N Cheese

My Grocery List:
-cereal $4.00
-cereal bars (for Chris) $4.50
-oatmeal $2.88
-Shaved Turkey $6.10
-Lettuce $1.50
-Potatoes $3.47
-Asparagus $2.70
-Asian Vinaigrette $2.00
-Slaw mix $1.68
-Wonton wrappers $2.78
-Red Onions $.56
-Cilantro $.88
-Stir Fry Sauce $1.97
-Green Peppers $2.94
-Hoagie Buns $2.50
-Silver Dollar Buns$2.50
-Hash Browns $3.28
-Chicken $5.00
-Sour Cream $1.98
-Whipping Cream $3.38
-Hamburger $5.98
-Ketchup $3.44
-Milk $5.86 (gal of white, 1/2 gal of chocolate)
-Bread 1.78
-Bananas $1.35
-Bacon $6.00
-Paper Towels $1.64
-Buffalo Chicken Bites $6.98
-Olive Oil $4.38
-Fruit Bread Loaf $6.00
GRAND TOTAL:  About $100.
I'll report back after I go to the store and let you all know how much I spent.  I try to stay around $600 for the month and that includes our fast food day.  A few of the items on our meal plan I already have, so it'll be a cheaper grocery trip today.

If you would like to join in, Vanessa will have the blog button done later, and I will add it.
I think writing it all down is a good way to hold myself accountable for what I spend,
and it really helps me stay on budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment