Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

In the week's following my mastectomy, my neighbor, Allie, brought over several DELICIOUS meals for my family!  (I'm forever grateful!)

One day she stopped by and dropped off enchiladas.  I couldn't wait to throw them in the oven and get to dig in.   I have nothing but a LOVE relationship with Mexican food.

well, maybe that's not entirely true...my mouth and taste buds have a LOVE relationship with it.  I'm pretty sure my butt and thighs HATE it!  lol

After watching my kids devour nearly the entire pan, I requested the recipe for these sinfully delicious, calorie packed bits of deliciousness, and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of ingredients/time it takes to make this recipe.

It's especially nice if you're busy that day, because you can just throw the chicken in the crock-pot with the salsa, and let it cook all day, and then throw it all together in about 30 minutes.



Throw 4-5 chicken breast and 3/4 jar of salsa in your crock-pot and let cook on low for 6 hrs or high for 4 hrs.


Shred chicken


In a large mixing bowl mix together chicken, the rest of the jar of salsa, 4 oz sour cream, 1/2 pouch of taco seasoning, and your choice of shredded cheese.


Scoop mixture into a flour tortilla and top with some more shredded cheese.  (Now Allie's recipe DID NOT call for this or the added shredded cheese in the previous step, but in true Casondra style and with my children's love for cheese, I had to add in some more fat grams.)


Fold tortilla and place crease side side down.  I line my baking dish with foil, because it makes for an easier clean up!


HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM!!!

My life would cease to exist without this ingredient.

okay, so maybe it wouldn't, and my waistline would be a little smaller, but I sure do adore it!


Pour over top the rolled tortillas.  I used about 3/4 of the container.


Top with Monterey and Colby Shredded cheese.

Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.  

Remove from oven and let sit for about 15 minutes.  If you skip this step the cream will still be a little runny.


YUM!!!!


Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and/or pico de gallo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment