Monday, April 04, 2011

Chicken and Green Bean Casserole

While I was going through and re-coop'ing after my surgeries this past year, I became obsessed with cooking/baking as a form of stress relief.  And while I still cook (daily), I've been less than disciplined in documenting and sharing them.

I've slacked off of Tuesday meal planning.  I've actually slacked off of meal planning altogether, and my monthly budget is feeling it.

While my goal is to get back into my very detailed meal planning, it is also to take it a step further and to group the meal's ingredients together when I put them away, so that prep time for meals is also cut down.  Thanks, Angie, for sharing this FAN-TAB-U-LOUS idea!!!

That, with the addition of the family closet, is going to be a HUGE time saver in my daily schedule.  And let's face it, anything that helps with time-savings/running-a-household-more-smoothly is something I crave for my life.

Yesterday was such a nice day that I wanted to be outside, so when it came time for supper, I wanted to be to pop something in the oven, and return later and it be done.  So, I decided it was a good day to make Chicken and Green Bean Casserole.

Before y'all start gagging at the thought of chicken and green beans together in a casserole, check out the recipe/pictures...I assure you, IT'S GOOD!  (otherwise, it wouldn't make it to the pages of this blog. lol)


Start off by dicing up a bunch of grilled chicken.


Add it to a medium size saucepan...along with green beans (fresh or canned)


1 can cream of chicken soup


1/2 cup Mayonnaise and 1 cup shredded cheese


Heat over medium heat until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated and cheese is melted.

Pour into an ungreased baking dish.


Top with biscuits.
You can use regular biscuits and coat them with butter, but I just used butter biscuits.
Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (the tops of the biscuits will be a nice brown color, and they need to be this way, or the bottoms of the biscuits will not be cooked.)


Let cool for 10 minutes, and serve.
We add ours with a side of Asparagus.
I swear my kids would eat it (asparagus) for snacks if I'd roast enough to last all day.
In fact, Big A got to our house not long after supper, and walked out the backdoor munching on one.
Then he went back inside and got a plate with several more.

No comments:

Post a Comment