Friday, April 15, 2011

Baked Crab Cakes w/Chipotle Sauce

I'm not, whatsoever, a fan of seafood...except for crab.

I love crab cakes but they are VERY fattening.

After much searching of the web for low-fat recipes, I stumbled upon this one.


I got the basis of this recipe on Gina's Skinny Recipes Blog, and then I substituted a few different ingredients.

To make four cakes you'll need:
  • 9oz crab meat (I used canned and refrigerated it ahead of time so the cakes bound together better)
  • 13 Ritz crackers, crushed
  • 2 egg whites, beaten
  • 1 scallion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
  • 2 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb seasoning
  • 1 Tbsp low-fat mayo
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together.  I used a 1/3 measuring cup to form each cake.  Placed it on a greased cookie sheet and baked for approximately 8 minutes per side.

For the Chipotle sauce, I used 1/2 cup Kraft Chipotle Mayo and 1 tsp lime sauce and mixed together.

2 cakes...347 calories.
Served with some veggies and water and you have an under 400 calorie meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment