Thursday, June 06, 2013

Got It Right This Time

I can't believe it's already been a week since we were in Emerald Isle, saying our vows in front of our family and friends.  We seriously better not blink or the girls will be grown and we will be celebrating many years of wedded bliss.

As most of you know, our original plan was to semi-elope... meaning we planned to have our parents, E, Grandma Leola, the girls and ourselves at the wedding with a family get-together at a later date.  BUT...once we made the engagement announcement on Faceb**k, Bill and I were surprised by how many people wanted to share in our special day.  With some quick thinking on my Mother-in-Laws behalf, we were able to secure a wedding planner who was able to put together a more beautifully intimate ceremony than I could have ever imagined.  Thank you again, Krystal!!! 

About a week prior to the ceremony the forecast called for scattered thunderstorms for both Friday and Saturday, but luckily, the weather turned out to be absolutely perfect the entire vacation.

 
This picture brings me to tears every.single.time I look at it.  The four most important females in my life waiting for me to walk to them.


 
Walking towards my future, and Bill's smile says it all.

 
It took every ounce of strength in my body to not start sobbing when Bre kissed Bill after he gave her her locket.
 
Before giving the girls their lockets, he said to them, "Thank you for sharing your Mommy with me, loving me, and allowing me to love you with all my heart.  I was not there when you took your first steps, but I promise that now I will love and support you in every step that you take in life. These lockets are a symbol of my love and devotion to the three of you."
 
If there was a dry eye before this point, there wasn't any afterwards. 


 
This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it because Kinsey looked away while we kissed.

 
My life.  My loves.

 
I never knew life could be this happy or easy. 

 
My Mother-in law, Linda, Father-in-law, Jim, and Sister-in-law, Trish.

 
This is one of my favorite moments that was captured from the weekend.  The wind was blowing pretty hard, which was great, because it made the temperature perfect.  However, it wasn't so great for my hair - it was all over the place.  Bill kept, very sweetly, brushing it out of my face, because well, that's what husbands do.  :)

 
I could've stayed just like this - lost in his eyes - for hours.

 
 

 
His kisses make me weak in the knees.



 
My heart and soul.

 
Best part of the day... watching them so happy and just being kids.

 
Ten minutes into this pose.... it was just funny.

 
Bill actually took this picture while the photographer was adjusting her camera.

 
During the ceremony, we asked for a moment of silence to remember our lost loved ones.  Bill carried Ramona, Chris, and Lavon's pictures in his pocket, and set them out to sea at the end of the ceremony. 

 
Trashing the dress.

 
The loves of my life.


 
Stephen.  He may be bigger than me now, but he will always be my 'Little Man'.
 
He along with E were our witnesses.

 
We did!

 
Saturday, E, the kids, and I got in some beach time while Bill BBQ'd.  So lucky to have the best best friend ever.

 
 
To say this was the best weekend of my life would be an understatement.  The way that Bill loves us still leaves me in awe, and wondering what I've done to deserve this life. And to have Bill's family tell me, 'This is the happiest we have ever seen him' means EVERYTHING! The girls and I are so incredibly blessed to have gained such a wonderful family. 
 
 
To put it simply...I GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment