Friday, June 14, 2013

247

 
Another week has came and gone, and I have so many blessings to be thankful for that it is going to be hard to decide which five to share.
 
1. Last Minute Plans to Meet Up With a Dear Friend.  Monday after dropping the girls off with their dad for their summer time, I shot my friend, Pam, a message to see if she was available.  It was the first time I'd be driving through her neck of the woods at a decent time of day. 
 
Even though she and I talk very often, I haven't seen her in almost two years, so getting to hug her in person was the absolute best part of my day. 
 
 
2. Random Text Messages from Starla.  Starla is one of my oldest and dearest friends.  You know those friends that no matter how much time you go between talking, you always pick up like no time has passed, and you have never missed anything?  That's how it is with us.  Sometimes we talk every.single.day, sometimes a few times a week, and sometimes (when life gets crazy busy) we go awhile, but regardless of which one of those describes us currently, our friendship remains the same.  We are in this thing called life - together.
 
And I have to say that one of my most favorite aspects of our friendship is that no matter what kind of mood I am in, that girl can make me laugh until I can't breathe.  Especially with some of the random text conversations we have. 
 
3.  Bill.  He makes the list every week, and for good reason.  He loves me (and my girls) well.  I swear he wakes up every day with the thought 'How can I make her life easier today?'...because that is what he does.  Not occasionally, but every.single.day.  Whether it's cooking and cleaning because I've spent all day driving, cleaning my car so said drive would be 'more peaceful and relaxed', running to the grocery store because I realize half-way through cooking that I forgot to buy something, or just sitting up and talking to me because my insomnia is in full swing. I could go on and on and on, but I'd end up writing a book.  I'll suffice it to say, he just gets me.  He gets that to me...it's the little things. 
 
4. Writing Thank-You Cards.  Yesterday, as I sat down to start writing 'Thank You' notes to everyone who attended the wedding/BBQ/sent gifts, it hit me how very blessed and loved we are.  We simply could not ask for more loving and supportive family and friends.
 
 
5.  Clean Sheets.  I think this speaks for itself.  There really are few things in life better than climbing into bed with freshly washed sheets. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment