Time is going by so fast and I want nothing more than to slow it down so I can take in every minute of it.
We've already had our fair share of big moments.... a cancer scare, two surgeries, a proposal, a marriage, a move, a new job....but there are also so many moments in between. Moments of love intertwined in our everyday life. Moments where your love and devotion to us shines.
- Holding my hand. Whether we are sitting across from each other in a restaurant, driving, or just sitting on the couch.
- Greeting me with a kiss when I walk in the door.
- Sharing your water with me. When I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night.
- Sweet text messages in the middle of the day. And the spicy ones, too. ;)
- Helping the girls with their homework. Especially Kinsey's Greek and Latin root words.
- Doing laundry. And putting mine away.
- Taking an active role. Taking off for preschool graduation, doctor appointments, parent teacher conferences, etc. because you understand that those things really matter.
- Kisses on the back of my neck. When I'm standing in the kitchen cooking and you pass by.
- Cuddling in the recliner. Because we are that much closer.
- Cooking breakfast on Sunday mornings. Because I am busy getting myself and the girls ready.
- Stopping at the grocery store on your way home from work. Because I forgot something, or changed my mind on what I want for supper.
- Lunch dates. Making it a priority to still have 'us' time in the midst of raising 3 daughters.
- Taking the girls to school in the morning. It's something they will always remember.
- Tackling many home improvement projects with me.
- Putting out oven fires. And laughing at my monotone voice when I told you to grab the flour.
- Changing the oil in my car. So I don't have to spend hours sitting at the dealership.
- Running your fingers through my wet hair. After I've just washed it.
- Going to the gym together. Because it just makes it more fun.
- Giving the girls spending money. So they could surprise me with gifts when the school was selling Breast Cancer items.
- Wanting to peel back my layers. And continuously reminding me that our marriage is my safe place.
- Taking baths together. Because...what girl doesn't dream of taking bubble baths with a really hot guy?!
- Growing your facial scruff out. Even though it's itchy. Just because I like it.
- Giving the best back scratches.
- Being spontaneous. When I decide I'd rather have chocolate than vanilla.
- Never complaining about a single thing I cook. And eating the edges when I burn something.
- Approaching parenting with grace. And knowing you have to lead by example.
- Always, ALWAYS having my back.
- Silently hugging me. Because you know words aren't needed.
- Driving 600 miles. To cheer me on as I finished walking 60 miles.
- Looking past my failures.
- Hitting the snooze button. Starting our day off right by snuggling for just a few more minutes.
- Never being afraid to say "I'm sorry". Our relationship matters so much more than being right.
- Making a point to say how thankful you are for our marriage, and just how happy you are.
There are so many other things that I could say about all the things you do, because you are just such a phenomenal husband and parent.
We are so blessed to get to call you ours.
I can't wait to spend the rest of my life:
- Telling you about my day. Because you care about all the ups and downs.
- And hearing about yours.
- Laying my head on your shoulder. I think it was made just for me.
- Standing by you. When you need a partner AND a friend.
- Admiring (and getting lost) in your eyes.
- Falling asleep in your arms. In less than a minute.
- Listening to your goals and aspirations for our life.
- Leaning into you.
- Eating oatmeal together. Because it takes me back to when I realized I was falling in love with you.
- Letting you hold me. When there's nothing to do but cry.
- Going for scenic drives. And talking about our wants for our forever home.
- Saying "I'm sorry". Because I really mean it.
- Telling the world just how thankful I am to be married to my best friend.
- And thanking God every.single.day for allowing me to know this kind of love.
- Celebrating many anniversaries. And birthdays.
- And saying 'I LOVE YOU!' For the rest of our lives.