Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Everyday Moments

Bill, I can't believe it's been almost half a year since we stood on that beach just before sunset.

Time is going by so fast and I want nothing more than to slow it down so I can take in every minute of it.

We've already had our fair share of big moments.... a cancer scare, two surgeries, a proposal, a marriage, a move, a new job....but there are also so many moments in between.  Moments of love intertwined in our everyday life.  Moments where your love and devotion to us shines.

Like...


  • Holding my hand.  Whether we are sitting across from each other in a restaurant, driving, or just sitting on the couch.
  • Greeting me with a kiss when I walk in the door.
  • Sharing your water with me.  When I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night.
  • Sweet text messages in the middle of the day.  And the spicy ones, too. ;)
  • Helping the girls with their homework.  Especially Kinsey's Greek and Latin root words.
  • Doing laundry.  And putting mine away.
  • Taking an active role.  Taking off for preschool graduation, doctor appointments, parent teacher conferences, etc. because you understand that those things really matter.
  • Kisses on the back of my neck. When I'm standing in the kitchen cooking and you pass by.
  • Cuddling in the recliner.  Because we are that much closer.
  • Cooking breakfast on Sunday mornings. Because I am busy getting myself and the girls ready.
  • Stopping at the grocery store on your way home from work. Because I forgot something, or changed my mind on what I want for supper.
  • Lunch dates.  Making it a priority to still have 'us' time in the midst of raising 3 daughters.
  • Taking the girls to school in the morning.  It's something they will always remember.
  • Tackling many home improvement projects with me.  
  • Putting out oven fires. And laughing at my monotone voice when I told you to grab the flour.
  • Changing the oil in my car.   So I don't have to spend hours sitting at the dealership.
  • Running your fingers through my wet hair.  After I've just washed it.
  • Going to the gym together.  Because it just makes it more fun.
  • Giving the girls spending money. So they could surprise me with gifts when the school was selling Breast Cancer items.
  • Wanting to peel back my layers. And continuously reminding me that our marriage is my safe place.
  • Taking baths together.  Because...what girl doesn't dream of taking bubble baths with a really hot guy?!
  • Growing your facial scruff out.  Even though it's itchy.  Just because I like it.
  • Giving the best back scratches.  
  • Being spontaneous.  When I decide I'd rather have chocolate than vanilla.
  • Never complaining about a single thing I cook. And eating the edges when I burn something.
  • Approaching parenting with grace.  And knowing you have to lead by example.
  • Always, ALWAYS having my back.  
  • Silently hugging me. Because you know words aren't needed.
  • Driving 600 miles. To cheer me on as I finished walking 60 miles.
  • Looking past my failures.
  • Hitting the snooze button. Starting our day off right by snuggling for just a few more minutes.
  • Never being afraid to say "I'm sorry".  Our relationship matters so much more than being right.
  • Making a point to say how thankful you are for our marriage, and just how happy you are.

There are so many other things that I could say about all the things you do, because you are just such a phenomenal husband and parent.  

We are so blessed to get to call you ours.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life:

  • Telling you about my day.  Because you care about all the ups and downs.
  • And hearing about yours.
  • Laying my head on your shoulder. I think it was made just for me.
  • Standing by you.  When you need a partner AND a friend.
  • Admiring (and getting lost) in your eyes.
  • Falling asleep in your arms.  In less than a minute.
  • Listening to your goals and aspirations for our life.
  • Leaning into you.  
  • Eating oatmeal together. Because it takes me back to when I realized I was falling in love with you.
  • Letting you hold me.  When there's nothing to do but cry.
  • Going for scenic drives.  And talking about our wants for our forever home.
  • Saying "I'm sorry".  Because I really mean it.  
  • Telling the world just how thankful I am to be married to my best friend.
  • And thanking God every.single.day for allowing me to know this kind of love.
  • Celebrating many anniversaries.  And birthdays.
  • And saying 'I LOVE YOU!' For the rest of our lives.



1 comment: