Monday, August 15, 2011

1st Day of School: 2011 Edition

And just like that.....THEY ARE OFF!

It doesn't seem possible that summer break should be over yet.  I mean, didn't they JUST get out of school?!  It's crazy how fast time seems to fly by, the older you get.

They were both soooo excited.

Last night before bed we packed their lunches, laid out their outfits for today, put their backpacks and shoes by the front door, and braided their hair so it'd be 'wavy' today.

Kinsey came in my room at 5:47 this morning and asked if she could start getting ready...she was THAT excited.  (Read:  We're talking about a kid who likes to sleep in until 9:30 or 10 any chance she can get!)  I told her she needed to lay back down until the alarm went off.  I need to write myself a note and attach it to my bedside lamp that says 'NEVER TURN THE VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP ON YOUR ALARM AGAIN!'  I wanted to make sure I was good and awake this morning, but literally almost jumped out of my skin when the darn thing started buzzing.  Not to mention, it woke Breanna up and that is simply never a good thing.  I normally don't 'wake' her up.  I just carry her to the car, buckle her in, and she sleeps while I drop the kids off and sleeps some more after we get back home. 

We also need to start 'preparing' every night before bed.  To say this morning was one of the most smooth mornings we've had since my kids have started school would be a huge understatement.  We didn't have any whining about not being able to find the socks they wanted, or shoes.  Everything was decided on yesterday night and laid out.  They just had to come downstairs, change into their clothes, eat breakfast, brush their teeth, grab their things, get a million pictures taken (okay, so it was really only about 10 but still), and out the door we were....on our way to their first day as 1st and 3rd graders!  It was smooth sailing!!!


Love these pretty girls!



Super cute backpacks they picked up while on vacation with their dad and stepmom.


Kinsey takes her lunch off and on depending what's on the lunch menu...but Ava has decided that she is taking her lunch every day because she wants to be able to eat what she wants (today it consisted of an Uncrustable, applesauce, celery and a Jif To-Go cup, a honey teddy grahams/golden raisins/peanut trail mix, and V8 Splash)...and so she can take her V8 Splash to drink.  lol.  She makes me laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment