Friday, May 03, 2013

My FFF

It's been a LONG time since I sat down to write a list of my favorite things and memories from the week. My friend, Natalie, mentioned a book she's reading called 'The Happiness Project' yesterday, and of course I downloaded it to iBooks immediately. Thank goodness my growing list of 'inspiring' books is stored in my iPad, otherwise Bill might want me to discard some of them.

Anyways, after reading the first chapter of said book, I feel moved to jump back on the 'Friday's Favorite Five' bandwagon. The good thing about this blog and my other, private journal is being able to look back at different periods of time in my life. It is always easy to remember the bigger moments in my life, but often times, I forget those smaller day-to-day things that I feel thankful and blessed for, and this is the perfect way to document them.

1. Clean Eating. I generally eat fairly good, but on Sunday, E, asked me to do a 30-Day 'diet' with her. I say diet, because it isn't really a diet, it's more of a lifestyle change that involves cutting out all processed foods, grains, and sugar. Basically we are eating proteins, unlimited veggies, and fruit. Mid-way through Day 1, I sent her a text that said, "Good lord woman!!!!! I'm going to starve to death." Ha. Well, here it is, Day 5, and I'm not starving at all. In fact, I feel really full at the end of every meal, and my energy level has increased. The best part, I'm already down a few pounds (probably water weight, but still)...I have a gorgeous dress hanging in my closet that I need to look good in, in a few weeks.

2. Warm, sunny days. Spring is FINALLY here, and although my sinuses are going crazy, I'm choosing to see the beauty of a clear, blue sky. A warm breeze blowing through my window while Bre and Gray-cee stand in the sunlight, feeling the breeze on their faces. Those moments when time slows, and God's love is ever apparent in the beauty that surrounds us.

3. My girls. There is nothing in this life that makes me more proud than being a mom to my three, precious girls. Last night, as Kinsey read through her report on Bill Clinton to Bill and I, I couldn't help but feel proud of well my older two girls are doing in school. As Ava read me her favorite bedtime story, I felt my eyes welling with tears, because I know how blessed I am that I get to be their Mommy. And Bre... That little spitfire keeps me on my toes, and in a fit of laughter. I could sit and stare at all three of my girls for hours.

4. FaceTime. Long-distance relationships are hard! You spend a lot of time apart to only get a few days here and there together. We pass the time between visits by video-chatting several hours every.single.day. It's allowed us to watch TV shows together, eat together, put the girls to bed, and just be able to 'see' each other. It's definitely made our times apart more bearable.

5. Bill. I know, predictable. But I really am just so thankful for him. There's not a day that goes by that he doesn't make me feel more loved than I ever have. And there really is no better feeling in the world besides that. Four weeks, baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment