Monday, February 21, 2011

Love As a Verb - Kinsey style

Gosh, I am such a blog slacker here lately.

I did post last weeks food menu to schedule post at midnight....or at least I thought I did, but realized on Thursday that it hadn't posted.  Geez!!!

Between the kids music lessons, trying to help mom get all the painting done at her new house before they lay flooring, cleaning/cooking, and 5489784544987 other things, I've passed out every night this past week within 30 minutes after we put the kids to bed.
I'm exhausted!

Saturday we had a fun-filled family day in Owensboro....unfortunately we didn't get to see Aunt Lisa because she was out of town.
We ran Chris's errands at R.M.R., took the kids to Chick-fil-A, to Books-A-Million for new books, and finally onto Champion Mazda to test drive a new vehicle we're planning on purchasing very soon!

After painting all afternoon on Sunday, my lungs are SUPER TIGHT!

After I folded and put away 10 loads of laundry today.....
....okay, so maybe it wasn't that many....more like six,
and got supper fixed, I was starting to feel even worse.

I told Kinsey to load the dishwasher while I went to soak in the tub.

About 5 minutes later Chris came up to talk to me (he had just got home), and he told me that Kinsey asked if he needed his separated container.
He said, 'Yes', not really sure why she was asking.
He said he heated up his dinner plate and turned around and she was making his lunch for work tomorrow.

He, of course, told her 'Thank you' and gave lovies and then came up and told me about it.

When I got out of the bath and went downstairs, I told her how thoughtful that was of her, gave her a hug and kiss.
She said, 'You're welcome, Mommy.  I know you don't feel very well today and I just wanted to help so you could rest.'

MELT...MY...HEART!!!

She's just so thoughtful and helpful for an 8 year old.

And I have to say, I'm VERY proud to call her my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment